ISO/TS 16949 – The Premise of Effective Automotive Supply Industries
The big automotive market is quickly evolving because of the growing demand and population. Obviously like other industries, this industry must also comply with an excellent management standard for it’s smooth operations. Automotive supply organizations that leave parts and sub-parts, process materials, sub-assemblies, etc., in addition to providers to OEM manufacturing locations have to adhere to this management standard.
Produced through the IATF (Worldwide Automotive Task Pressure) and technical committee of ISO, TS16949 is really a quality management tool that concentrates on continuous improvement by minimizing variations and waste within the logistics.
TS 16949 concepts are relevant through the logistics management process within organizations from the automotive sector. Additionally, it pertains to the functions like designing & development, production, installation, and repair of automotive parts and related parts. In line with the ISO 9001 standard, TS 16949 aims to systematize country- specific rules of QMS (Quality Management System). Because the OEM’s had requested many suppliers to construct and approve their QMS in compliance using the rules and rules specific for their country organizations like VDA of Germany, AIAG of The United States, AVSQ of Italy, FIEV of France, and SMMT of United kingdom, the emergency for harmonization was therefore faster.
Just how can these organizations take advantage of TS 16949 registration?
1) Continuous improvement: The first of all benefit of being TS 16949 certified is unquestionably the continual improvement in addition to communication via process approach.
2) Credibility: Your market price is enhanced as you are perceived as being a company that understands, understands, and it is dedicated to practices that symbolize quality in each and every action rather than settles just for average.
3) Enhanced product quality and reliability in addition to improved on-time delivery.
4) Supplies a edge against your competitors by putting your company within the elite group of companies.
5) More focus on quality improvement efforts of suppliers.
6) When customer specific needs are satisfied, it prompts the audit procedure for TS 16949 to conform using the automotive mandates of IATF people globally.
7) Cuts lower the requirement for a 3rd party registration on the geographic basis.
8) During regular surveillance visits, the IATF approved registrar for TS 16949 enables organizations to instantly upgrade from QS-9000, VDA 6.1, etc.
9) Consistent audit performance: Because the auditors of TS 16949 have to undergo a complete training, testing and re-qualification measures to satisfy the stringent qualification criteria, your business is be assured to possess gone through a regular quality auditing process.
10) Financial savings: Nonconformities in products could be considerably reduced having a TS 16949 certification. In the end, prevention always costs under recognition when it comes to money and time.
Conclusion: Greater than 1/3rd from the existing automobile manufacturers globally have complied using the terms and rules of TS 16949. The figures are gradually rising compared towards the awareness of the numerous benefits mounted on it.
When you have a set of system documents the quality of which is not known to you, then the experts who provide automotive quality system consulting should be hired by you and given access to these documents for review.